The products are made from recycled rubber, is the most common summer wear flip flops. In order to collect these rubber, and the beach in the city have arranged special recycling window, this can prevent discarded plastic garbage let the ocean, biological, or even humans, suffering plastic poison! Every year the goal is to be able to recycle 400,000 pairs of slippers!
Set up community recycling center, systematically recycled glass, plastic, aluminum cans and other waste and iron clothes.
- Even if the product is not brought into the recovered material will be used as for other purposes, such as has been laid waste by a children's playground floor.
- Collect rainwater and recycled in the production process.
- Since products are handmade, will be used only simple tools, process energy consumption is very low.
- Animal series is the use of recycled rubber, instead of using wood.
- Buy some rubber they produced during the manufacturing process to recycle scrap shoe.
- Also in response to the local environmental protection concepts such suppliers to buy some recycled paper beads, glass beads and brass.
Our producers are women from remote coastal areas, the general unemployment rate in these areas is very high. Our plans start at Kiwayu region, from 1997 to date, these women were thus able to have stable jobs, do not have to be afraid of unemployment. We have created in some poor areas of job opportunities and enhance social consciousness, like Kibera slums, Ngong and Mombasa region. People can help us by recycling waste to obtain income.
40 full-time producers in Kenya, working hours from Monday to Friday, and teach them many different production skills. We give producers maternity and paternity leave benefits, a year in 21-26 days sick leave and medical expenses benefit producers, while also providing a free lunch.
- By organizing seminars and activities to school children advocacy advantages and the importance of recycling.
- Community public education activities through workshops visit.
Note that each color is different, please indicate for selection
Cocoon Wrap Design + trade fair
Cocoon wrap a child in Taiwan the world's first Fair Trade certified member of WFTO
Origin / manufacturing methods