L 20x15x2 cm
M 18x12x2 cm
S 16x11x2 cm
This product is measured by hand.
Margin of error is approximately 0.5~1cm.
┃ Material ┃
Tunisia / Italy
(The origin of this product is marked with the origin of the raw wood)
┃Maintenance and Usage┃
1. All of Into the Woods olive wood products are natural raw wood, which have been soaked (cared) with maintenance oil before shipment, so the color will appear darker. After the first few cleaning washes, the color will become relatively light is normal. Apply the maintenance oil to keep and restores its natural color.
2. In the first few cleanings and wash for olive wood products, the natural yellowish-brown substance or maintenance oil will be washed/wiped off.
3. When cleaning, rinse with warm or cold water, with a soft cleaning tool; after cleaning, wipe off the water, and stored in a dry and well-ventilated place..
4. If the product is contaminated with stench, use cold water and vinegar to scrub and rinse.
5. If you have dyeing concerns (ex. steaks), you can use baking soda to scrub, then wipe the stained area with a rag or brush.
6. Do not expose directly to the sunlight
7. Do not place it into the following environment / place:
- a humid or rapidly changing temperature environment.
-a dishwasher, drying machine, or oven.
8. Regular maintenance: It is recommended to use food-grade wood maintenance oil or natural beeswax every month to maintain its natural color/luster.
1. Olive wood products are hand-cut from whole piece of wood, so that slight variations in size are to be expected. Ｔhe processed barks and wood knots might have chance to be on the edge of a few products.
2. No matter which kind of wood, as long as they allow to stay in the water for too long or not to get dry, they may be mildewed. The wood will also be whitened or even cracked after being exposed to sunlight for a long time. Therefore, we all store the olive wood products indoors.
3. Each product has slight difference between size, weight, thickness, and pattern. Because it was not a product made by the machine, You could see the beautiful and natural appearance of wooden knots and holes.
┃ Olive Wood Q＆A┃
Q: Are you making a whole piece of wood?
A: Into the Woods is insist that the products are made from the whole piece of wood, the reason is: the stitching wooden products may have high chance to contain formaldehyde! This is the reason why our products pass the tests for zero formaldehyde.
If there is a product not made from the whole piece of wood, we will definitely mark it!
Q: Do you have the recommended maintenance oil?
A: Before shipping, a layer of IKEA's SKYDD wood maintenance oil (food-grade mineral oil) will be applied. * The choice of maintenance oil is most recommended with food-grade mineral oils and natural beeswax, but remember that "DO NOT" use olive oil to care for olive wood products, which will make your olive wood products have an unpleasant smell.
Q: Why do my olive wood products feel oily, even the wrapping paper has some traces of oil?
A: Before shipping, we will wipe the products again with maintenance oil before packaging. Therefore, it is normal for your product to feel oily and also have chance to see the traces of the oil.
Q: Why did the color change after I used it for the first time?
A: Of course not the same! Each time the cleaning will wash the oil again and again, so the color will not be the beginning of the honey-brown color. To keep the color is quite simple, just applying a thin layer of maintenance oil after the wash and when it gets dry.
Q: Olive wood cutting board can smash big fish or meat?
A: Of course you can! Just like your past habits.
Q: How long can olive wood products last?
A: A well-maintained olive wood can be used for many decades, because it is not easy to get mold, no stitching without disintegration crisis, no paint will not have the phenomenon of paint peels off, even if there have been many use of knife marks , After the basic sanding renovation, the products can continue to be used.
However, for the food safety reason, we strongly recommend that raw foods and cooked foods need to be used on different chopping boards separately. This is a healthy long-term plan.