Residents of the local community work together to maintain the cleanliness of the beaches and river channels, not only to create jobs, but also to use the seized waste to develop a series of environmentally friendly products, hoping to eventually save the marine ecology and enhance people's environmental awareness.
The product is made of recycled rubber, that is, the most common wear in the summer, In order to collect these rubber, in the city and the beach are arranged a special recycling window, so to prevent the discarded plastic waste to the ocean, creatures, and even humans, suffer from plastic poison! The goal is to recover 400,000 pairs of slippers every year!
The community has set up a recycling center to systematically recover waste such as glass, plastic, clothing and iron cans.
- even if the product is not used to make the product will still be used for other purposes, such as the use of waste with a children's playground flooring.
- Collect rainwater and recycle in production.
- because the products are handmade, only a simple tool, the process of consuming energy is very low.
- Animal series are made of recycled rubber instead of wood.
- to the shoe factory to buy some of their rubber produced in the process of recycling and recycling.
- to the local response to the same environmental concept of the supplier to buy some recycled paper beads, glass beads and brass.
Our producers are women from remote coastal areas, where the general unemployment rate is very high. Our program began in the Kiwayu area, and since 1997 these women have been able to have stable job opportunities and no longer have to be afraid of unemployment. We have created jobs in some poor areas and have increased social awareness, such as Kibera's slums, Ngong and Mombasa areas. People can earn money by helping us recycle waste.
40 full-time Kenya producers, working hours from Monday to Friday, and teaches them a lot of different production skills. We give producers the benefits of maternity leave and paternity leave, 21-26 days of sick leave a year and subsidize the medical expenses of the producer, and also provide free lunch.
- Promote the benefits and importance of recycling to school children by lectures and activities.
- Educate community people through visits to workshops.
Note that each color is not the same, please specify please specify
/ Designer and brand profile /
Cocoon design + fair trade
Cocoon wrapped in Taiwan's first world fair trade WFTO certified members
1% of your purchases will be donated to the earth
1% For The Planet
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b6eec2_4672977103654b4b8ac634884e0cd164.jpg/v1/fill/w_112,h_182,al_c,q_80,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/b6eec2_4672977103654b4b8ac634884e0cd164.webp https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b6eec2_759882345d2d48119f64955872405fa9~mv2.jpg/v1/fill/w_108,h_171,al_c,q_80,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/b6eec2_759882345d2d48119f64955872405fa9~mv2.webp https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b6eec2_0dab9819eacb42999b7355eeae1f0399~mv2.jpg/v1/crop/x_11,y_0,w_277,h_360/fill/w_106,h_138,al_c,q_80,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/b6eec2_0dab9819eacb42999b7355eeae1f0399~mv2.webp
Origin / manufacturing method